About Patient Safety Caravan
The Saudi Patient Safety Center works to reach the largest possible number of patients and their families while receiving healthcare by visiting them at the healthcare facility and talking to them and communicating the message of health empowerment and providing information that helps them to be an active patient in health care through the Patient Safety Caravan which is a virtual Caravan that includes group of people visiting patients and their families in hospitals (in inpatient wards, outpatient clinics, emergency departments , etc.) to increase patient safety awareness through empowering, educating, and supporting them.
- to reach as many patients and families as possible to improve the safety of their healthcare encounters.
- to increase patient's safety level in the healthcare facilities and to ensure patients and families' participations in their treatment plan with healthcare providers.
- to raise volunteers' awareness about patient safety to share with patients and families.
- Collaborating with patients experience centers at hospitals to activate patient's empowerment concept through their daily duties.
Importance of Patient Safety Caravan
- Empowering patients by encouraging them to asks questions to healthcare providers.
- It increases community awareness about patient's empowerment.
- The patient and/or his/her caregiver in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- The volunteers (participates) in executing the Caravan.
- Patients Experience departments (supporters) for execution.
How to participate in the project?
Fill in the form when you wish to volunteer to participate in the Patients Safety Caravan within the healthcare facilities through scheduled activities via https://www.spsc.gov.sa/Arabic/Pages/volunteering.aspx
Share the Patient Safety Volunteer form with loved ones, family members and your friends.
How and Where can I precipitate with the Patient Safety Caravan?
In the cities to be visited according to the schedule shown in the link to volunteer activities which will be in the hospital departments (outpatient, emergency and inpatients) or other departments.
Benefits of participating in Patient Safety Caravan
- Contribute to spreading of patient safety culture.
- Spread awareness in the community of the concept of empowering patients.
- Encourage patients and caregivers to communicate their voice and enable them to claim their rights.
- Involving patients to be active with healthcare providers in making health decisions.
- Spread awareness within health practitioners to be ready for patients and community after empowerment.
What makes Patient Safety Caravan so special?
It orients patient and caregivers with tools to Speak up about their treatment plan in healthcare presented to them.
It spreads the correct practices of patient safety priorities such as correct patient identification, effective communication, infection control, medication safety, verifying the correct procedure of medical interventions, and protection against falls.
After supporting the community in the Patient Safety Caravan and help in its dissemination, we will have an adequate database of patients who have been empowered and patient and community suggestions on other ideas to empower the community.